SMC Cable modem
From PhonePower Knowledge Base
Please follow these instructions to configure your SMC Cable modem router to work with PhonePower. These instructions are only if you are connecting your phone adapter to your router.
• You will need the current IP address of your phone adapter.
• If you have a Grandstream phone adapter please refer to How to receive the current WAN IP Address on a Grandstream.
• If you have an Innomedia phone adapter please refer to How to receive the current WAN IP Address on an Innomedia.
• If you have an Obihai phone adapter please refer to How to receive the current WAN IP Address on an Obihai.
• Please write this IP Address down as you will need it in later steps
• Open a web browser
Note: If you are unable to log into the SMC with the information shown above, you will need to contact your ISP to retrieve the administrator level username and password before proceeding.
• Once you are logged in click on Firewall on the left menu bar.
• Check the box labeled Enable Firewall Module.
• Click on DMZ on the left menu bar.
• Populate this field with the IP address that you obtained from the Grandstream in the first step.
• Click Apply.
Note: If you are unable to place a call after 15 minutes, or any other irregularities appear, please contact our support department for additional assistance.