Physical Setup Instructions for Grandstream HT502
Detailed setup for the Grandstream HT502 ATA.
Before you begin, make sure that all of your hardware is powered off, including the router, PC’s, switches, and cable or DSL modem.
- Connect your cable or DSL modem’s Ethernet cable into the HT502’s WAN port.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable that came with your HT502 into the LAN port of the HT502.
- Connect the other end of that cable into your computer or the Internet/WAN port of your router.
- Connect the RJ-11 telephone cable connected to your telephone into Phone 1 port on the HT502.
- Reconnect the plug into your cable or DSL modem and wait until the lights stabilize on that device.
- Connect the included power adapter to the HT502 power port and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet in the wall.
Wait between 10 and 15 minutes so the device can complete the initial booting and automatic provisioning process, and the WAN and LAN lights stabilize.
- Pick up the handset attached to the HT502 Phone 1 port and place a test call.
- Turn on your computer or router.
- Open your web browser and confirm you can browse the internet.