Motorola SBG6580 Wireless Cable Modem
From PhonePower Knowledge Base
Please follow these instructions to configure your Motorola SBG6580 Wireless Cable Modem router to work with PhonePower. These instructions are only if you are connecting your phone adapter in the alternate configuration.
• You will need the current IP address of your phone adapter.
• If you have a Grandstream phone adapter please refer to How to receive the current WAN IP Address on a Grandstream.
• If you have an Innomedia phone adapter please refer to How to receive the current WAN IP Address on an Innomedia.
• If you have an Obihai phone adapter please refer to How to receive the current WAN IP Address on an Obihai.
• Please write this IP Address down as you will need it in later steps
• Open a web browser
• If the default username and password do not work please contact your ISP and request the administrator log in credentials for your modem/router
• Click Advanced along the top.
• Click DMZ Host on the left, and the screen above should appear.
• Set the DMZ Address to the IP address of your phone adapter.
• Click Apply
Note: If you are unable to place a call after 15 minutes, or any other irregularities appear, please contact our support department for additional assistance.