How to Configure a Motorola SBG6580 Wireless Cable Modem to function with the Grandstream
From PhonePower Knowledge Base
To configure your device to function with the Grandstream connected to it, please follow these instructions.
- For the first step in this process, we will need to find out the current IP address being assigned to your Grandstream by your router. Please refer to How to receive the current WAN IP Address on a Grandstream for more information.
Next, open up a web browser and navigate to http://192.168.0.1 and log into the router. You will be prompted for a username and password.
- The default username is admin.
- The default password is motorola.
- This should match the IP address you received from the Grandstream in the first step.
- Do not click Add yet.
- The MAC address and IP address should be set in the Reserve New IP address section, as before. If it is not, paste (Edit-> paste) in the MAC address field. It should fill in the Grandstream's MAC address. As above, set IP Address to 192.168.0.50 and for Host Name type PhonePower.
- Once Your SBG has saved these settings, you will need to reboot the Grandstream device for these changes to take effect. Simply remove the power cord from the back of the Grandstream, wait 20 seconds, and put it back in. If you are unable to place a call after 15 minutes, or any other irregularities appear, please contact our support department for additional assistance.