- Mac Support. Yep real honest to goodness mac support. The exact same fully tested andpolished softphone, but this time on OSX. We always felt a tad hypocritical for offering an iphone app but no Mac softphone, and now we dont feel nearly as bad.
- Call recording is even easier. Our softphone always did call recording, but now it can be enabled from within a call with a single click, and will just default to your desktop (or documents library for mac users).
- Outlook integration: This one obviously only applies to windows users BUT it means any user in your contacts can be dialed with a simple right-click
- CallTo URL integration: anything on your system that formats a phone number in callto url format, our softphone can trap and turn into a click2call. This means if you use Zimbra mesaging suite for email, any phone number in your contacts and email just became click-able, or you can use a browser plugin such as telify for firefox to make all phone numbers you see on the internet into call-to URLs that the softphone can trap and make dialing anything 10x easier.
- Enhanced compatibility: We used to use a system browser for the embedded portal and system integration but now we carry our own so the experience should be much more uniform regardless of what system browser plugins etc you have.
- Easeir to navigate: We took the feedback about the most commonly used items in the UI and moved them to make them easier to reach. You can now change audio devices just by clicking on the speaker or mic icons and selecting your audio device. No need to go digging in options anymore.
- Speedier portal: The portal navigation experience has been sped up signifigantly thanks to heavy optimization of the embedded rendering engine.
- Call Transfer: Our business users have been asking for this one and now you have it. * Users on the Aquarius network will need to have this feature activated for them
- Updated UI: We re-skinned and re-sized the UI to make it less obtrusive and overall make better use of real-estate. This means it now fits easily on most netbook sized screen resolutions for maximum mobility and takes up less precious space on your desktop without any loss in functionality.
- Added a delete key to the dial windows: Users making use of our softphone on a touch-screen PC environment were clamoring for a touch-able delete key, so we gave you one.
Our biggest focus in this release has been to take our softphone and make its integration and use as seamless and natural as possible. To us an application is a tool, not the destination itself, and the best tool in the world is one that does its job without you thinking about it, such as your TV remote, you use it, but unconsciously, with the focus instead being on what you want to do. Our softphones job is to facilitate communication, and the more time you spend rummaging around inside it is time that you aren’t using it to communicate with friends, family or colleagues, so that is all time it isn’t working like it should.
To download it, you can login to my account and go to the softphone page, where a beta link should be available.